The College is located at the main campus of Charles Sturt University, Wagga Wagga, within easy walking distance of the lecture theatres, library, student services, swimming pool, gymnasium, squash and tennis courts, and playing fields.
St Francis College accommodates 50 residents. The college was founded in 1995 by Fr John Shanahan at a temporary site until the present college building was completed in 1998.
Each study/bedroom is fully equipped with:
- a single bed;
- doona, doona cover, pillow and bed linen (linen is laundered weekly);
- large study desk and comfortable office chair;
- vanity unit with mirror and hot and cold running water [ensuite rooms also have a shower and toilet];
- ample wardrobe/cupboard space;
- full length mirror;
- waste bin;
- CSU high speed data - both wired and wifi;
- TV antenna outlet.
- The college is centrally heated in winter and has evaporative air-conditioning in summer.
- The college building has been designed with noise reduction in mind, creating a quieter environment for study than conventional student accommodation.
Eleven of the bedrooms have a private ensuite. Residents living in the other forty rooms have access to eleven individual bathrooms located throughout the building.
St Francis College is 'semi-catered'. The college provides evening meals Monday to Thursday in the dining room. At other times students self-cater in two kitchens equipped with gas ovens and cook tops, microwave ovens, refrigerators and freezers, toasters and kettles and individual lockable pantries. All cutlery, crockery, cookware and cooking utensils are supplied by the college.
The college has its own chapel and Mass is offered at 5:30pm every Sunday during the semester. Residents, family members, friends, and visitors are welcome to attend Sunday Mass at the College.
Common Rooms & Other Facilities
Common/recreational areas include:
- Television Room with big screen TV, XBOX and surround sound;
- Billiards Room with comfortable leather lounges, sound system and piano;
- Formal Lounge with grand piano, open fireplace and comfortable lounge chairs;
- Outdoor Barbecue in a landscaped garden setting.
Other facilities include:
- Laundry with washing machines and dryers, iron and ironing board.
- Car park with security lighting;
- Lockable storage area for bicycles.